1. It is important you read these terms and conditions as they set out the terms and conditions of our service to you and form the agreement between us the company and you the client.
2. Below is the definition of words used in this Terms and Conditions and Agreement;
Client, means the person who pays the company;
Company, means Benedict Funeral Directors Ltd trading as Lowest Price Funerals. Benedict Funeral Directors Ltd address is 1 Bedford Road, Henlow, Bedfordshire, England SG16 6DR. Registration number 08334955; Website address https://benedictfuneral.co.uk
We, or us, or our, means Benedict Funeral Directors Ltd who trade as Lowest Price Funerals;
You, means the person who pays the company;
Deceased, means the person who has died and who’s funeral arrangements the client is instructing the company to undertake;
3. This Agreement along with its terms and conditions is between the Company and the Client;
4. It is herein agreed that the singular shall include the plural and vice versa and the masculine shall include the feminine and vice versa, except for when this agreement refers to the deceased person, who remains in the singular context and may be referred to by their gender and / or by their name;
5. In using our service, the client agrees to pay all fees due to the company before the deceased is brought into our care;
6. The client confirms they have the legal authority to organise the funeral of the deceased and to sign all documentation required for the company to undertake the funeral;
7. The client confirms that they are an adult of either 18 years of age or greater and are of sound mind and judgement to enter into this agreement;
8. Unless otherwise confirmed in writing by the company the funeral of the deceased will be an unattended (no mourners present) cremation;
9. Unless otherwise confirmed in writing by the company the ashes of the deceased will be scattered at a place of the company’s choosing;
10. Unless otherwise confirmed in writing by the company the coffin will be a simple coffin suitable for cremation;
11. Unless otherwise confirmed in writing by the company the collection of the deceased will be from a hospital within Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Cambridgeshire, Hertfordshire, Northamptonshire or London;
12. Unless otherwise confirmed in writing by the company the transportation used by the company to transport the deceased will be a funeral vehicle of the companies choosing;
13. Unless otherwise confirmed in writing by the company the crematorium used will be of the companies choosing at a time and date of the company’s choice;
14. Unless otherwise instructed in writing by the client to the company and those instructions acknowledged in writing by the company to the client, all items of Jewellery or personal effects collected by the company and belonging to the deceased or being with the deceased at the time of the deceased collection by the company will be cremated with the deceased or disposed of by the company;
15. The client agrees with the company that by making payment to the company they are entering into this agreement and accept all these terms and conditions;
16. Payment to the company by the client must be by a Debit card or Credit card and such payment will be made over the phone;
17. Benedict Funeral Directors Ltd who trade as Lowest Price Funerals is a member of SAIF (The National Society Of Allied And Independent Funeral Directors). If you are unhappy with the service provided to you, then in the first instance you should raise your complaint in writing to:-
Benedict Funeral Directors Ltd, trading as Lowest Price Funerals and post it to:-
1 Bedford Road,
We will respond within 21 days of receipt of your complaint. If we are unable to resolve your complaint you have the option (not withstanding your other legal rights) to raise a complaint with SAIF who’s website address is saif.org.uk or you can write to them at:-
SAIF Business Centre,
18. Should the company breach this agreement in a manner that causes you a financial loss or causes you personal damage it is agreed with the client that the maximum financial liability the company will hold to you the client will not exceed the maximum amount the client paid for the funeral service; This financial restriction in compensating you for our liability does not undertake to include or restrict our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, or by any criminal act our company or its staff commits and does not endeavour to include any financial restriction excluded by law.
19. Customer Cancellation Rights
(i) You may have the right to cancel this contract if you wish within fourteen calendar days, commencing on the day payment is made. Cancellation should be communicated by downloading the specified form from our website, completing this and posting or emailing it to Benedict Funeral Directors Ltd, trading as Lowest Price Funerals. The company address is 1 Bedford road, Henlow, Bedfordshire, SG16 6DR or you may send an email with the form attached to email@example.com
(ii) Work commencing prior to the expiry of the fourteen-day cancellation period. The Client by making payment for the funeral agrees they are instructing the company to commence undertaking the funeral of the deceased and that they understand that if they decide to cancel within fourteen days, reasonable payment will be due for work carried out prior to cancellation and should the funeral be already completed then no refund will be made by the company to the client.
20. By MAKING PAYMENT TO THE COMPANY, YOU THE CLIENT ARE ENTERING INTO AGREEMENT WITH US THE COMPANY AND ALL THE ABOVE TERMS AND CONDITIONS WILL APPLY TO THE AGREEMENT.